Are you a U.S. citizen living and working abroad? Have you tried to apply for a U.S. mortgage, and the person on the other end of the call thought Singapore was in China or the Netherlands and Holland are two different countries? Sigh. We understand.
America Mortgages ONLY focus is providing U.S. market rate mortgage loans for U.S. Expats and Foreign Nationals with the understanding, knowledge, and experience you require. 100% of our clients are just like you, and no one does it better!
So you’re a U.S. Expat living abroad. Why not qualify just as you would if you walked into a local bank back home in the U.S. with AM U.S. Expat Mortgage +.
I think the easiest way to explain AM U.S. Expat Mortgage + is with actual questions and answers we get from U.S. Expat;
1. I work for a foreign company in Paris, and I don’t receive a W2. America Mortgages does not require a W2, even for a conventional mortgage. As unique as that may be, it’s true.
2. I’ve been living outside of America for a decade and no longer have U.S. credit. This is more common than you may think. We have several enquiries a week where a U.S. citizen has been living abroad for many years and no longer has a U.S. credit footprint. For a “traditional” bank, this is a “no-go.” At America Mortgages, we have not just one but several loans you can qualify for using credit from a foreign country. In short, you do not need U.S. credit even as a U.S. citizen.
3. I haven’t filed my U.S. tax returns in many years. You’re not alone. There are various ways to qualify for a mortgage without using tax returns.
4. I retired and moved out of the U.S. and living in Thailand. I don’t have employment but would like to cash out of my property in the U.S. We see many retired real estate investors that have decided to spend their golden years on the beach in Mexico or the vineyards in Italy. We have several mortgage programs where you can qualify using ONLY the rental income of your property to qualify. No employment required.
5. I’m a U.S. citizen entrepreneur living in Ireland. My income is lumpy and unpredictable. Can I qualify for a U.S. mortgage? America Mortgages has a specific team that specializes in complicated tax returns or HNW borrowers. We understand how to calculate your true mortgage serviceability and present it in a way which banks can understand.
6. I live in Hong Kong. The last time I got a U.S. mortgage, I dealt with a bank in New York. I was up for weeks at 2 am trying to explain why Hong Kong doesn’t have a zip code. What makes you different? Besides knowing Hong Kong doesn’t have a zip code, we have experienced American loan officers living in Hong Kong. ? We have loan officers globally. No longer do you need to work around the bank’s hours. We do that for you. As a matter of fact, you don’t even need to leave your living room in Hong Kong to open and close your mortgage!
7. The U.S. Embassy is closed in Israel, and I can’t travel. How can I sign my mortgage documents? Very good question! Depending on your location, it may be impossible to get an appointment due to Covid restrictions. Not to worry, again, as 100% of our clients are living abroad, unlike U.S. banks or brokers, we understand this before it becomes a problem. We have at least four other ways to close your mortgage without signing at the U.S. Embassy. It’s easier than you may think.
AM U.S. Expat Mortgage + program highlights:
- No W2 needed
- No U.S. credit needed
- Use Foreign Income to qualify
- LTV 80% for U.S. Expat foreign earned income
- Purchase, Cash-out, refinance
- Two years of U.S. Tax returns (if you do not have U.S. tax returns, please let us know)
- Two months bank statements (foreign okay)
- One month of pay statements
- U.S. Passport or driver’s license
America Mortgages has a wide range of mortgage products available for U.S. expats and Foreign Nationals looking to purchase or refinance U.S. real estate. Mortgages can be variable or fixed-rate, with flexibility over the fixed-rate term. In addition to the standard principle and interest U.S. mortgage loans, interest-only mortgages allow for more cash flow.
For more information on this program, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with our team at [email protected]. Stay tuned to our next week’s article, where we introduce AM Commercial +!